Friday, May 20, 2011

Just Saying

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Why is it that so many have a lack of appetite for the word of God. It is so real, it is so relevant. That's often why it is rejected I believe, because many want to live their own way regardless. They worship God with their lips, but that's were it stops. Not only is this in the world, its can be observed in some of those that profess to believe truth. There is a lack of desire for anything with substance. Why is it that instead of the scriptures, everybody wants a pretty little story. Instead of hearing an anointed message, they would rather hear something with little substance that has a catchy title. When the scriptures quit being the final authority, something is very wrong! Not with THE CHURCH, not with God, but with us! Where is the hunger for the word, for truth! And truth isn't picking and choosing what you want to believe. Anyone is entitled to believe anything they want, but I believe the Bible. So what the Bible says is the final authority, period! Whether it goes against my grain, or my tradition, it still has the final authority. And the word is truth, the complete truth! We must believe it all. When those professing to be in truth quit allowing the word to be the final authority in all aspects, they are going in to dangerous territory. Nothing can be worse than for us to believe a lie and be dammed. Often you hear, "so you are saying I'm wrong". Well yes, that's correct, if our belief isn't based on the scripture then according to God and his word, we are absolutely wrong if we believe anything other than what the scriptures say. Why is it that so many want to just do enough to get by. Lord help me to never strive to just barely make it! Because with my whole heart I want to serve him, not with my lips. The word convicts, the scriptures are so real, they deal with all these issues. That's why so many don't desire anything with substance, for it offends them. That should not be! Lord correct me, help me! Whatever you must do I want to be saved, I want substance to sustain me! I thank God for all the substance that's ever been fed me, and will be given me! Even this very blog is unique for me, because usually everything I do is mostly scripture with little comment. Why? Because there is nothing I can add to the word, it teaches and preaches itself. I don't need pretty little slogans, and all the flashy stuff. Though all that might have its place, most of all I want substance! I want the scripture, I want truth. Whether we want it or not, we need it!

Psalms 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Galatians 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? ......

Quit taking tradition over truth! Quit putting family before truth! Quit desiring popularity more than truth! Just saying!

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

-Bro. C
Acts 2:38, Obey it!

No comments:

Post a Comment