Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Way less traveled

A tombstone read:
Pause, stranger, when you pass me by,
For as you are, so once was I.
As I am now, so will you be.
Then prepare unto death, and follow me.

Pushing the grass aside a bit more, was found the following scratched on the stone, done with a crude instrument:

To follow you I'm not content. Till I know which way you went.


Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


It would be wise of us to follow the strait and narrow, to follow the way that few will travel. It may seem to be the less popular way, but don't consider the circumstances of the path as much as you consider the destination of the way. We may even have a life of afflictions, but if it ends with us hearing, "well done" it will be well worth whatever it took. Just ask the beggar, the rich man had a great natural life but that didn't mean he had a right relationship with God (Luke 16). Whatever it takes I want to commit myself unto his will and way! I'll obey the scriptures and let the world go by.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."- Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment